Word of the day: Charge
the amount of money you have to pay for goods or services;
the position of having control or responsibility for a group of people or an activity;
if someone or something is in your charge, you are responsible for looking after them;
to ask someone for a particular amount of money for something you are selling;
to state officially that someone may be guilty of a crime;
to say publicly that you think someone has done something wrong;
to deliberately rush quickly towards someone or something in order to attack them;
also charge up, if a battery charges, or if you charge it, it takes in and stores electricity;
Sample list one
- The cart was charged to the full.
- Please charge your glasses and drink a toast to the guests from afar!
- The soldiers charged their guns and prepared to fire.
- The gun was charged with a heavy shell.
- The air was charged with vapor(a mass of very small drops of a liquid which float in the air, for example because the liquid has been heated).
- The wire is charged with electricity.
- He said he would charge up my car battery.
- He was charged with an important mission.
- He charged me to take good care of his children while he was away.
- His mind was charged with weighty matters.
- The judge charged her to be silent.
- The police charged the driver with reckless(not caring or worrying about the possible bad or dangerous results of your actions) driving.
- He was charged by the police with breaking the law.
- He charged the mistake to inexperience.
- The hotel charged me $100 for a room for the night.
- Storage will be charged on each piece of baggage remaining at stations over 24 hours.
- Please charge these purchases to my account.
- Did she pay cash for the shoes or charge them?
- They charged us three times, and each time we threw them back with hand-grenades(a small bomb that you throw).
Sample list two
- He charges extravagantly(spending or costing a lot of money, especially more than is necessary or more than you can afford).
- They do not charge at all for their services.
- The wild animal charged at us suddenly.
- This kind of storage battery charges easily.
- Who is in charge here?